Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:39:52 -0400
Fabio wrote...

> Now, a little shameless plug: I wrote a chapter on scanning shells and
> digital photography in the upcoming book:
> Sturm, C.F., Pearce, T. and Valdés, A. (Eds.). Molluscs: A Guide to Their
> Study, Collection and Preservation. American Malacological  Society,
> Pittsburg, PA.
>
> Perhaps Charlie Sturm, one of the editors, can make an announcement about
> the book, provide a list of some of the chapters, and when it is expected
> to be published.

Today (a few minutes ago), I received the file from Angel (one of my
co-editors). Angel made a few formating corrections. I expect to forward
the file to the publisher and expect that it will move along and be ready
for purchase in August. The book has 29 contributors, 31 chapters. It is
457 pp., 101 figures. In addition to Fabio's chapter on digital imaging,
there is a comprehensive chapter on file photography by Dan Geiger.

I hesitate to say more and violate the list-hosting charter. When the book
is ready I will post a notice about the availability of the book and where
to go for further information. If anyone has questions please contact me
personally. Thanks.

Regards,
Charlie
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine

[log in to unmask]  (the e-mail address that I use for the book)