From:
Chris Vos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:36:51 +0200
Hi Martin,

As Wesley suggested, you can prepare a report to do so without writing a
Macro, but make sure you write a query first to isolate the records you need
a label of. From my own experience (and not being the most patient person in
the world) I find that Access is not the most user-friendly application
..... basically ... takes too long for me .....

I use both MS Excel and MS Access at the moment (transition period).
As for the collections, those are still in Excel, with indeed a macro behind
it (simple do while-loop on a field where I put "Y" when I want a label) to
print pre-formatted page(s) of labels (which I made in Excel as well).
All my taxonomical research on Tonnidae, including the photographs of types
and some old publications, is to get in an Access db I'm about to finish.
Only trouble there is that I basically need to work with hyperlinks. On a
Dutch forum we are currently discussing the exact same topic, and concluded
that the hyperlink names can me pre-defined. However, I would like to see
the photograph of the type IN my Access-page in stead of having to open a
jpeg, bitmap or whatever ..... and THAT is time-consuming ....
Apart from "learn Java" ... does anyone have a less time-consuming method in
mind to show both the taxonomical data AND the type picture on 1 page in an
automated way in ... basically whatever application  ?
Chris