From:
"Samuel S. Tuttle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 06:43:24 -0400
Google Print has many books for which the copyright has not expired.  You
will only have access to a specified and limited number of pages on thoses.

www.streetsmartbooks.com
Home of SMALL BUSINESS PRIMER:
  How to Buy, Sell & Evaluate a Business
ISBN:  0970946600

>From: SCOTT JORDAN <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Conchology books on Google
>Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:00:55 -0700
>
>Rich, it is simply amazing.  What I am having trouble comprehending is how
>Google can justify the expense of this project.  It must be astronomical.
>It takes time and care to scan a book, especially a rare, old work.  My
>understanding is that they want to digitize just about every book whose
>copyright protection has expired.  Can you imagine the scope of work
>involved?  I sort of doubt that they arbitrarily started with the
>conchology books!
>   sj
>
>Richard Goldberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>   Scott,
>I also found Sykes, 1900 - Fauna Hawaiiensis, which includes extensive
>coverage of the Hawaiian terrestrials. An original hard copy is almost
>impossible to obtain.  As I search using the advanced book search option
>using varied key words, titles and authors even more obscure conchological
>publications keep turning up.  Actually, Google is being sued because of
>copyright infringement of a few publications.  I assume the titles with PDF
>files are those that are clearly public domain.  This is changing the face
>of research and education.
>Rich

Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE