From:
jane santini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:00:52 -0400
Years ago I took my boy scouts to the Boundary Waters on a canoe adventure &
on the Upper Peninsuls there were beaches that "sang" as you walked across
them.

>From: Allen Aigen <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Singing Sand? Singing Beaches?
>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:52:41 -0400
>
>There was some research published fairly recently about the sounds that
>sand dunes make when the sand is moving.
>
>Allen Aigen  NYC
>

>On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:21:29 -0400 Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
>writes:
>I remember reading something on this list, a few years back, about
>singing beaches. Does anyone remember any specifics they could pass along
>to me?
>
>Thanks so much!
>
>Ellen

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail