From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:16:42 -0500
Dear Mr Jing (and Conch-L'ers)

At an entry level, the excellent Encyclopedia of Seashells by Gary Rosenberg describes each marine family, with an illustrated example, and contains a good bibliography. It can be obtained from us directly. Let me know if you are interested and I will provide a price including shipping to you.

The most comprehensive work at family level is Mollusca: The Southern Synthesis (Beesley, Ross & Wells, Eds, 1999. Published by CSIRO, Sydney, Australia). This is a brilliant work of great help in organizing collections and studying the Mollusca. See http://www.publish.csiro.au/nid/18/pid/223.htm
Although this is part of the 'Fauna of Australia' series, it actually deals with all the families of the Mollusca, including the terrestrial and fluviatile groups. 350 Australian dollars is a bargain for this, believe me.

Regards,

PC.

Paul Callomon
Collections Manager
Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates
Department of Malacology
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
Tel 215-405-5096
Fax 215-299-1170
Secretary, American Malacological Society
On the web at www.malacological.org

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/21/06 06:50AM >>>
Dear all

 Is there a book whick collected the description of all families together?

 i need the description of families, not the species.

 Best Regards

 He Jing

  0086-021-64813575
  www.shellsfromchina.com