Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:45:21 +0200
I meant externally identified (withour cutting). I was puzzled seeing
flagellum and PC are indifferent in appearence, but missing their positions.
Flagellum is the blind sac at the end of the epiphallus, while PC at the end
of penis (sorry for that).

But.....

In Pachnodidae, as i wrote, there are primarily 2 caeca. They must be seen
as two hollows, once the penis is everted. I didnt see any functionality in
that. Almost always a key-lock mechanism could be implied for copulation in
animals, also almost always 'locks' are very similar, despite the
complicated and distinctive apperance of the 'key'. So again, what about the
protuberances in snails?