From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:59:45 -0500
No disrespect, but if we apply that thinking, shouldn't the earliest
American settlers have been satisfied with just New England? Of
course not. It's what man does. He has an inquiring mind and an
insatiable appetite for having whatever it is that he doesn't already
have (in most cases) plenty of. The pioneers did not find the native
Americans to be "quaint and colorful," they saw them as impediments
to their Westward expansion. We all know what happened then. Don't
even start me on Iraq. I know your intentions are good, but in
context, and particularly for a country that wishes to begin
slaughtering whales because they have overfished their local waters,
what's one squid more or less.

It's amazing that we have this totally free forum with which to share
our thoughts. Edy, your heart is in the right place, but history
proves there are always people who refuse to just "leave them be,"
regardless of who "them" might be.

On that note, I'll wish you a Merry Christmas back.

Warmest regards,
Jim