From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:35:19 -0400
        I am currently working on a DNA-based phylogeny of the bivalves for
my PhD.  Several of you have already helped me obtain specimens, but I can
always use additional species.  If you are collecting live bivalves and can
send some along, they would be very useful.  If you put the clam directly
into ethanol, making sure the valves are not tightly closed, the DNA should
keep well enough to be useful.  If you don't have access to reagent-grade
ethanol, one of the stronger options from the local liquor store will
probably be adequate.  My clam mail address is

David Campbell
Department of Geology
CB 3315 Mitchell Hall
Chapel Hill NC 27599-3315
USA

or you can email me at [log in to unmask] for more information.

Thanks!