From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:45:33 +0800
Wow,

didn't know golden cowries were at low tide. But a true one which
opened my mouth:
on Mactan, about 8 years ago, I was looking for shells at the low
tide and found a blue ringed Octopus. While not touching it, a
Philippino walked along, watched the animal, promptly took and said
WAW ! He put it in his mouth, swallowed and said JAMMI ! (good
taste). Walked away. I expected him falling dead, but nothing
happened....

Later that day Toto Olivero told my why.

Guido
Operation yesterday went fine, temperature drops here and with the
easterwind feels as -8° over Belgium. The snails dig deeper I guess.