From:
Emilio Jose Power <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:33:37 EDT
Hi Guys!!

        No, this is not Emilio Jorge Power but his son Emilio Jose Power. I would
love to add a little tidbit of info on the deal with cows, oysters, and
shellfish. Recently, in the past 6 years, oyster beds along with other
shellfish collecting areas in the Indian River and other areas in Florida were
being closed because of high bacterial levels. It was believed that cows were
the culprits and a study was devised to study the relationship between cow
field runoff and the high level of bacteria in the waters. Well they started
to get these little anomalies in their measurements with these big bursts of
bacteria levels. After some very careful observations the answer was
discovered. As they predicted the COWS were to blame!!!! It was the droppings
of the cow we call MANATEES (also known as sea cows). They were leaving little
presents and caused the approved waters to be closed. GROSS HUH!! They're not
so cute anymore!

The ROYAL poop expert!
Emilio Jose Power