From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:56:27 -0500
     OK, you guys. Enough of this fun-making about the octopus that
lives in my basement. I have taken your tittering about smart squid
as far I can take it. So this is what I did:
         I went to the squid store (Mr. Squid) and told the nice lady
there I wanted the smartest squid she had. She had never measured
their intelligence and told me to come back in a week. And that's
what I did.
      At that time, she introduced me to Lydia, explaining that she
had administered several tests to the squids she had and that Lydia
had beaten out Tyrone and others in almost every test.
      I took Lydia home and put her in the basement with Herman.
      Well, you can imagine.
      Herman won every chess match they played----16 over a four day
period. The closest Lydia got was when she tried to use the King's
pawn in a Kleinmetz manouver. Herman countered quickly with the
standard Schliebaum-Kalakov responce as any of you would have done.
       I took Lydia back to the Mr. Squid store and I understand she
now wins two out of three from Tyrone.
      You guys out there have any more challengers, Herman is ready.
               Art