From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 22:13:46 -0500
Seastarr49 wrote:

> Aloha,  Mele Kalikimaka, Hawaiian for Merry Christmas.   I'm new to Conch-L ,
> and consider myself very much an amature shell collector.   Although I' ve
> been collecting shells for most of the 27yrs, I' ve lived here, I' ve never
> really studied a lot about them.  My favorite  shells are cowries and spider
> conches.  I' ve noticed most of the talk has been on cones, I hope there are
> some cowrie lovers out there.  I look forward to learning a lot about all
> shells,  see you after Christmas.  Aloha  Seastarr49

Hi, Shirley.

It's been a busy season and I'm just now digging into my backlog list
of postings from CONCH-L.

Hopefully you have been by THE CAPTURED COWRY, my (humble) homepages
devoted to Hawaiian cowries -- and a few other marine life forms.
It is located at   http://www.oaktree.net/makuabob/

There are other sites with images of cowries but, much to my dismay,
none focussing on cowries.

As for the paucity of cowry discussion on CONCH-L, not many people
seem all that interested or specialized. Of course, I think they
are missing out on an important group of molluscs...

Anyway, I'm interested in what kinds of cowries you are collecting but
I'm neither buying, selling or trading. My primary interest is the
genetic origins of Hawaii's endemic Cypraea.

Hope you're having a Merry Christmas.

Aloha,

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle)