From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 23:21:26 -0800
I replied to the original inquiry reporting that I had also found a Strombus
raninus with a black ventral side in the keys.  Although I have observed many
hundreds in the same area over the years, only this one was black.  The
comments that this was probably the results of aging are probably accurate.
The source of the original inquiry should let us know if his specimen was an
older one (very thick lip) like the one I found.

Marlo
Florida