From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:36:37 -0500
Hi James,

(I am sending this to the whole list because others may be interested as
well.)

The way to reply privately to a note someone sends to Conch-L is to open a
brand new email form, instead of using the one you received.   Then COPY
that person's address from the header of the original note to Conch-L (the
one you want to respond to).    Next,  PASTE  that address onto your email
form.

If you want to quote parts of the other person's note to Conch-L  on your
own message to him, you can use this same method.   Just COPY from one and
PASTE to the other.

Try it out by sending a private thank you note to me.   Don't use REPLY,
but use the COPY and PASTE method.

Also, did you know that you can ask the listserver for a list of all the
people on Conch-L and their email addresses?   It's easy.   To do this:

1.  Open a new email form.

2.  In the "To" line:  put:  [log in to unmask]

3.  In the "From" line will appear your address already, right?

4.  You can leave the subject line blank.

5.  In the body of the note type ONLY this:

Review Conch-L by Name

6.  Then send it.

Do not sign it.   The listserve will automatically send you a computer
generated list of all our list members.   Actually two messages will come.
 One is just a report on resources used.   You can delete it.   The other
is your subscriber list.   You might want to keep it in a mailbox file in
your email program for reference because printing it out takes a while...it
is quite long.   Then, when you want to write to anyone on the list
privately, you can just COPY his or her address from the Conch-L  list and
PASTE it onto a new email form.

There are some other variations on this "REVIEW" command to the listserve.
If you or anyone else wants to know about them, email me privately, or just
look in the instructions you received when signing on Conch-L . . . if you
kept them.

Good luck,

Lynn Scheu