From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 00:29:36 -1100
Hi Marlo,

Even though your dissection and evisceration of Lynn's
post was worthy of a Clinton lawyer, in my mind you
didn't really invalidate a single point that she made.  I
suppose it is simply a conflict of philosophies, or as
EJP says, of attitudes.  Lynn's suggestion that unity
is necessary to combat ignorance and ill-advised legis-
lation is an important one.  Regardless of philosophical
differences.

Ask those "Ducks Unlimited" guys.  They are responsible
for saving a lot of waterfowl habitat as well as preventing
the possible extinction of several species.  They didn't do
this because they wanted to watch the beautiful duckies
flying free in the sky, they did it so they could continue
to enjoy hunting, killing, and eating them.  But their efforts
were effective, and they are undeniably conservationists,
whether they kill ducks or not.

The weather is too nice to play on the computer, so I'm
going snorkeling!

Manuia,

Don