Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:48:35 -0000
Dear friends, colleaques and customers,

only three days after finishing his essential contributions to the 2nd
edition of "A Guide to Worldwide Cowries" we got the unbelievable
information that our author Prof. Dr. Alex Hubert passed away. What we feel,
we are not able to express in English. So we give to your knowledge the word
which the second author of thC-s team Felix Lorenz found for Alex. We'll
never forget him!

"The most valuable heritage a man can give is the trace he leaves behind in
our hearts.

In memoriam

Prof. Dr. Alex Hubert

14. 5. 1938 b   16. 2. 1999

Despite charisma and brilliance, Alex Hubert was a modest and reserved man.
At University, he was famous for being a strict, but very fair professor.
Even after tough debates he was never resentful. He was a great spotsman in
fencing and playing soccer. To his family he was loving, generous and
tolerant. I always felt at home when staying with family Hubert. Alex always
managed to make everybody give his best and it was him who initiated the
book "A Guide to Wordwide Cowries". He contributed with a sharp eye,
excellent  knowledge and a carefully assembled collection of cowries. He had
an unrivalled talent for uncovering
inconsistencies by asking critical questions. His fine sense of humor made
our cooperation delightful, inspiring and unforgettable. I will remember him
as a fatherly friend and idol.
I will carry on our work, Alex Hubertb  s spiritual heritage in mind.

       Felix Lorenz, February 20th 1999"

Klaus & Christina Groh
ConchBooks, formerly christa hemmen

Mainzer Str. 25