From:
Glenn Burghardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:30:21 -0800
Is there anyone on the Conch-L who has access to G.B. Sowerby Jr's book
Conchological Illustrations (or Coloured Figures of all the Hitherto
Unfigured Recent Shells), published in London, 1832?  We have acquired eight
of the hand-colored plates on chitons but no text. We need the names for
chiton figures  1 through 55.  If anyone could get us the list or photocopy
or scan the plate legends (if it will not damage the book).  Of course, a
copy of the text would be great but that is asking too much.

We will reimburse for expenses.

Thank you,

Glenn & Laura
Glenn & Laura Burghardt, 11424 Pioneer Ave., Oakdale, CA 95361 USA
email: [log in to unmask]  website: www.chitons.com
Worldwide shell collectors. Special interest: chiton collection and study