From:
Sylvia Mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:15:26 -0600
Our son-in-law is a postal carrier and we happen to be on his route.  You
are right - it depends on the individual post office's interpretation.  When
we first sent out International mail, we had to fill out a form telling its
contents.  At that time, we learned you didn't have to do that for all
mail - just over a certain weight.

So we gave our son-in-law a package to mail that was under the weight limit
(actually copies of American Conchologist), and when he got to the post
office with it, his postmaster insisted that a form be filled out.  He
called us on the phone and filled it out for us.

I haven't personally searched about International Mail on the Web, but the
URL is:

http://www.usps.gov

You can also calculate the cost to mail anything, either domestic or
international.

Sylvia Edwards
Huntsville AL