From:
Aaron Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:37:59 -0900
Dear All,

I thought I'd respond to this before any panics ensue concerning hackers. If
you look up info on the Happy99 worm (it's not a true virus) you will find
that it can attach itself to the out going e-mails of those infected. The
"trusted friend" of Frank and Donna Robb is undoubtedly infected (his
computer is, I mean). He (or she) may not even know that this is occuring.
It is highly unlikely that a hacker would be taking the time to go through
the tedious and time-consuming process (so I've heard ;])of intercepting
e-mail to attach a relatively harmless worm to them.

I don't have a quick url handy, but there are lots of sites with info on how
to delete the bug, and someone should inform the trusted friend about it
before others are infected. Just some info...Take care- Aaron
Aaron Baldwin
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.ofseaandshore.com
"When I die, I want to go quietly, like my
grandfather did, in his sleep. Not screaming,
like the passengers in his car."