From:
Kevin Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:50:10 +1000
As an unpaid amateur and after 35 years of unfunded study, which has
culminated in the production in 4 books, 3 book chapters and 15 refereed
papers in which 98 families are discussed and 87 new species are
described. I, with my co-authors have for the first time brought to
those who care some 1600 species many of which have not previously been
available or even known to most collectors. I would be extremely upset
if my work or photographs were used without acknowledgment and I would
fully support my publishers if they decided an action was warranted for
any unauthorized use.
These works are published  in the knowledge that they are for very
selective use without much hope of financial return and I am extremely
grateful to those publishers for their effort and gamble in publishing
them. The return would be much greater had I chosen to write about the
sex lives of politicians or some such erotic subject.
God forbid the day when printed books are not available and we have to
resort to the complexities and problems (that I have anyway) of CDs and
computors.

Kev Lamprell