From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:51:18 +0000
Hi everybody,

yes, sometimes people think this, but Art Weil has a nice chapter on this
in his book. He is right. Here in Belgium I'm surrounded by young people,
working very hard, and for who shell collecting is already a way of life.
They are between 21 and 30. Shells have attracted the first human beings.
They will never stop doing that.

Of course, one has to give the young people the opportunity to express
themselves, and second, it is now much harder from the financial side than
it was fur us 20 years ago. So, on both these fields, we have to help the
younger.

Best regards, Guido

Visit Conchology, with over 50000 names with author, 3800 indicated type
species, 5000 conchological images, and fun with shells.

http://www.conchology.uunethost.be/