From:
Jasna Peternel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:41:43 +0100
Bobbi Cordy wrote:

> I do not think finances has anything to do with it.   We have NEVER bought a
> shell!!
> We have a private collection of over 7,000 species all self-collected or
> traded with
> people all over the world.

Yes,but for self collecting you need money too.I live far from the sea
so even trip to the sea shore is expensive in my case.So it still
depends on finances.
For trading you need good finances also.Today I mailed two packages to
USA.I paid nearly 60 $ for the postage.I'M BROKE!(I serve the millitary
now and soldiers in non-professional army are even poorer than students)

Of course I understand what you mean.I collect fossils also,but only
those which I find myself.I'm lucky because I live in fossil reach area.
Therefore collecting fossils is a cheap hobby here.
I suspect you live in shell rich area so shell collecting must be cheap
there.
It just depends where you live...

  Trading shells has been soooo much fun and we
> have met
> so many wonderful people this way.  Many of the dealers will even trade.

I agree with you.Tradeing shells is nice way to make frienships all over
the world.

> Money should never be an issue here.

It shouldn't,but...

> We give our jr. club members shells all the time and also continuously give
> our extras to our new members who are just getting into collecting.

Yes,for new collectors from the countries where shell collecting is
popular is easier.They can always count on help of advanced collectors
like you are.

Best regards,Milan