From:
Sarah Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:15:34 EST
A note with the epitoniidae juveniles.... Certain species of epitoniidae (I.E
Epitonium multistriatum, rupicola etc.. ones without regular ribbing or many
ribs) have many more ribs on the upper whorls suggesting faster more frequent
growth. I have looked at multistriatum that have 70-80 ribs per upper whorl
and 35-50 on the lower whorls. I have never had too many problems in IDing
juvenile epitoniidae but it does take a while and a good microscope.

Sarah Watson