From:
Aaron Baldwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 01:47:37 -0900
Dear Jennifer (and others),

When I travelled Baja with Tom Rice way back in 1987 we found an excellent
and surprising collecting spot right in front of one of the big hotels on
the beach (don't remember the name, how many could there be?) in La Paz. We
were "stuck" in La Paz for a day and decided to go out on the sand flats for
a mediocre tide. It ended up being one of my best shelling days ever. As the
tide turned we found lots of Sinum (ear shells), Cypraeacassis (helmets),
Olividae, Malea (Tun shells), etc. We decided to spend an extra day there.
It was really a neat area. I would highly recommend checking it out. Take
care- Aaron

Aaron Baldwin
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.ofseaandshore.com