From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:23:04 -0700
Don,

You know, there is no reason why some mollusks couldn't be immune to
cone toxins.  I doubt if it has been studied.  I can't think of another
case off hand where the potential prey is immune to the predator's
poison, but surely it is the case somewhere.  In herps, with the king
snake immunity to rattlesnake venom it is the other way around as it is
the predator that is immune to the potential prey.

It would be a nice add-on to your little experiment to include a
nassarius or two and see if this is an unusual circumstance or if the
little guy really is immune.

See ya,

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA

P.S.  How goes ATC in the wild blue?