From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:49:37 -0700
Well,
First of all, we've only ever had a couple of tornados here ever,
so I'm not too worried about them, but in case of fire, or earthquake...
I'd take my Papustyla pulcherrima (because I know I can't buy a replacement),
then I'd take the treasured Fusitriton oregonenesis (yes!) that my great
grandmother collected on her honeymoon, then it would be a toss-up from
there...I don't have many rare shells, but great specimens of common ones:
my georgeous white and maroon Scaphella junonia, colorful glossy peach
Cymbium glans, or maybe my big Cypraea cervus, or, or, or...I'd probably be
killed trying to drag one of my cabinets out the door, I'm not good at decision!
Peter Egerton,
Vancouver, Canada

>> What I'd like you to do is this: Imagine that the siren has gone off and
>> you have only a minute to get to safety. One of our Cincinnati tonados
>> is coming. You can grab three shells and take them to the basement with
>> you.  Which three will you grab? You don't even have to answer in
>> public. Just think about it. Of course you may answer if you like.
>> Remember: these are shells from YOUR collection---not ones you wish you
>> had.
>>         The Question Man

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca