From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 11:00:39 +0000
Hello everybody,

just a quick message to inform you that

- Aarschot 1999 is now finished, it drained collectors from all continents
and a couple of thousand visitors. A few are still in Belgium, most are
back to their country

- the shell show was fabulous, and while we could observe a slow down in
the specimens offered in shell shows since 1994, there seems to be a
violent revival: this year the shells (and the people) were fabulous

- there will be some pages with photographs and comments on our homepage by
friday, you get Conch-L e-mail when this is ready

- the first part Harpidae, as part of the Iconography appeared in Aarschot.
It is the first book completely made with digital images.  For the ones
that want to get more information on this conchological publication, there
will also be a homepage by friday.

- because of Aarschot, we could not reply to a hundred personal e-mails.
Please be patient, we are working on these today and tomorrow.

Guido

Visit Conchology, with over 50000 names with author, 3800 indicated type
species, 5000 conchological images, and fun with shells.

http://www.conchology.uunethost.be/