From:
The Skoglunds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 00:20:49 -0400
Lynn, we are coming up Tuesday only for the auction, the Conch-L party, and
the bourse and leaving Thursday morning.  Based on the following answer you
gave me when I asked if we had to register,  I sent in our full $70.

To try to answer your question: Will you be attending any of the programs?
There are programs on Tuesday night and a whole list of them on Wednesday
morning. There will be silent auctions on Tuesday and a very special Silent
Auction set on Tuesday afternoon before the Oral Auction.  Only registrants
may participate in Silent Auctions.  All of the above are part of the
convention, and the rooms, the service, the tables, etc are paid for by the
convention, including the Conch-L Party. So yes, you do have to register.
It has been COA policy for years. There has been some talk of a per diem
fee and I will look into it further and let you know if you can do that.
$10 per day was mentioned a few years ago. I don't remember why it never
got adopted.

Now, today this message appears on Conch-L:

> And you don't have to
>register to go to the world famed bourse (32 dealers, last count!)  on
>Wednesday and Thursday, or to the fabulous Oral Auction on Tuesday
>afternoon.  And you'll get to meet a LOT of Conch-L members. At least 63 of
>us will be here at the Conch-L party on Tuesday night. Please join us!

Seems to be some inconsistency here.

And since we're arriving Tuesday afternoon, will there still be a
registration package for us?  If so, where will we pick it up?

Joan, in Huntsville