From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:01:21 -0600
Good one!  Since we're doing this - how about this molluscan tale...

A man takes his octopus into a bar and says "I'll bet any man here $200
dollars that my octopus can play any musical instrument".  Well, a man
hands the octopus his guitar and the octopus passes it around from
tentatcle to tentacle for awhile, pulling and prodding and peering at it
and finally plays a nice melody on the guitar.  The man wins 200
dollars.  The next night another man brings in a saxophone - again the
octopus passes it from tentacle to tentacle for awhile and finally plays
a nice jazzy riff.  By this time the octopus is getting quite a
reputation.  A scotsman at the bar who has witnessed the last two feats
brings in his bagpipe the third night.  "Ach, then try to play this!" he
says thrusting the contraption at the octopus  Again, the octopus passes
it from tentacle to tentacle, pulling and prodding, peering...pulling
and prodding and peering...pulling and prodding and peering.  "Well play
it!", says the man who owns the octopus, getting a little nervous - "Hey
leave me alone" says the octopus "as soon as I get her pyjamas off,
we're outa here!"