From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:42:17 EDT
I've been to half a dozen Bahamian Islands and the best of the lot, for
shelling, was Stocking Island just off Georgetown in the Exumas. Stay at
Peace and Plenty or Regatta Point and bring lots of sunscreen.

Ah the Bahamas... wish I lived there....

Anyone here read a charming book about shelling in Exuma by Cecile E.
Mactaggart called "A SHELL GAME" ISBN 0-9699121-2-9? I got my copy in
Georgetown. It's delightful.

I found great pickings in the real Caribbean on St. John on a rocky beach on
the way to salt pond bay. Tritons, cowries and flamingo tongues aplenty,
reticulated cowrie helmets AND AND AND My first xenophora!

I'm talking beachcombing though, not taking live specimens.