From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 14:41:01 +1000
Dear Rose and others,

the best book on Trivias and related families is Cowries and their
relatives from southern Africa by Bill Liltved. I think it is the best
shell book ever written. Each species is illustrated from several angles,
and there are some pretty amazing photographs of live animals. Of course,
there are only African trivias in the book, but it's excellent.

There is an article on Trivias:

Review of the Triviidae (Mollusca: gastropoda), by C.N. Cate in 1979. San
Diego Society of Natural History Memoir 10. It has 126 pages.

I have only a photocopy of it, which I obtained when I worked as an
inter-library loan librarian (very handy job, that).

I also have photocopies of two papers on the Eratoinae, which are now
considered to be in the same family:

F.A. Schilder 1933. Monograph of the subfamily Eratoinae. Proceedings of
the Malacological Society (London) 1933, pp. 244 - 283

C.N. Cate  (can't find the year), A review of the Eratoidae. The Veliger 19
No. 3, pp. 341 - 366.

Hope this helps

Patty Jansen
WWW: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications               on-line natural history bookshop
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098

E-mail: [log in to unmask]