From:
James M Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:47:03 -0400
Dear all, I just discovered 2 species of Cyphoma
in Rice's Prices. They are C. alleneae Cate and C. seccata Sowerby.
Now, I want to know if these two are TRUE Cyphoma. I have been fooled
many times by people just calling them cyphoma, when they are really not.
I only want true cyphoma. If one or both of these are not true, please
inform me.
Now, I need a bit more help. Below is the list of all Cyphoma I have
jotted down
so far. If you see any TRUE Cyphoma species not present, or if you see
any that
are not true, let me know.

     Cyphoma emarginatum Sowerby, 1830 West Mexico
     Cyphoma gibbosa Linnaeus, 1758 Caribbean
     Cyphoma mcgintyi Pilsbry, 1939 Florida
     Cyphoma macumba Petuch, 1979 Brazil
     Cyphoma rhomba Cate, 1978 Florida
     Cyphoma sedlaki Cate, 1976 Florida
     Cyphoma signatum Pilsbry & McGinty, 1939 Caribbean

Thanks,
James

The little wheels of a humorist's invention are
set in motion by the damp hand of melancholy.

- James Thurber