From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:01:19 +1200
30-7-1999
Does ANYONE out there know of a Leeds LMA-600 Image Erector for an Olympus
MZ binocular macroscope floating around?

I have the option of purchasing an exdemonstrator MZ, which is a very nice
machine with a large range of magnification and phototube head plus camera
lucida, but it has a major flaw in that it inverts its image! This means
that when you're sorting micro samples, every movement you make must be 180
degrees opposite to what you see down the eyepieces, and I find it totally
impossible. Even trying to compare specimens in handheld vials is
frustratingly difficult.

The MZ is an SZ10-based unit, but unlike the SZ it has a compound head and
single-lightpath upper elements. It has the same zoom-body as the SZ and
has none of the optical defects of a totally compound machine.

If anyone knows of one, or knows of someone who even just might, PLEEEASE
contact me, I'm desparate. Otherwise I'll be stuck with either this problem
or no scope at all. US microscope dealers won't reply to overseas
enquiries, or else their websites/e-mail/fax addresses are incorrect.

Andrew Grebneff