From:
Paul Drez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:59:44 -0600
Jose:

I am almost positive that at one time Petuch himself took Oliva zelindae
and placed it in the genus Conus.  It might have been in one of his fossil
publicaitons.  Petuch (as others) had a tendency sometimes within his
publications of making changes in nomenclature (names) just "out of the
blue" in places you would expect.  I'll take a look in my Petuch fossil
literature and see if I can find it.  Either that, or I am going crazy -
finally - too many drugs and diseases.

Paul