From:
Roland Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 11:52:52 -0700
Have you tried Bibliofind or Amazon on the internet? They can sometimes get older books.
Roland

Roland C. Anderson, Puget Sound Biologist
The Seattle Aquarium
1483 Alaskan Way
Seattle WA 98101 USA
phone: 206-386-4359
See our website: www.seattleaquarium.org

>>> Pat Draeger <[log in to unmask]> 08/13 11:27 AM >>>
To all Conch-L'ers,
    Being hundreds of miles from the nearest ocean, I have begun to look for
land and freshwater mollusks in Indiana.  I have books on freshwater mussels,
but I have none on North American landsnails and freshwater snails.  From the
bibliography on the COA homepage, I've seen a few books that seem to be very
useful, but I cannot find them anywhere!
-Burch, John B. North American freshwater snails (1989)
-Burch, John B. Freshwater Sphaeriacean Clams of NA (1972)
-Burch, John B. How to know the Eastern Land Snails (1962)
-Baker, Frank Fieldbook to Illinois Land Snails. Manual 2 (1939)

If anyone out there knows where I can get these books, I would greatly
appreciate it.  Also, if you know of any other helpful books on
Indiana-midwestern shells, please e-mail me.  Many thanks in advance!

Patrick, in Indy