From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 18:39:29 -0700
>We keep our shells in small plastic boxes individually in the drawers.
>They stay secure within the drawer that way.  You can get a lot of boxes in
>a drawer.   Do not use cardboard boxes.    And if you line the boxes be sure
>to use an acid-free material.

Why not use cardboard boxes?
I use mainly cardboard because I haven't been able to find a suppier
or plastic boxes in my area (any suggestions?) and carboard jewelry-type
boxes are cheap. Price is improtant when you need 1000s of boxes! The little
cardboard boxes also come in many convienient sizes and line-up nicely
in the drawers.

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca