From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:33:23 -0700
Dear Gijs;-
        (first, tell me how to pronounce "Gijs")
        Do the differences between Ollivella and Oliva outweigh the
similarities? I know (from Dawkins) that there are beetles that can look
like termites but clearly aren't. I don't think there is any such
advantage to be gained in Oliva/Olivela mimicry. Like a good many
others, I am not ready to change my labels. Not yet. It does seem to me
that species members in "all" families have physical characteristics
that are similar. Certainly, and in spite of papers to the contrary,
physical similarities must be taken into consideration.
        So I'll wait.
        Art