From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 06:13:25 -0400
Dear James,

Neritella puella Gould, 1859 Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural
History 7: 43.  Collected by William Stimpson 7 mm. X 5 mm.

Smaragdia viridemaris [sic] Maury, 1917

Parentheses should enclose about half of the authorship citations below.
Example: Smaragdia rangiana puella (Gould, 1862).

Harry

At 11:29 PM 8/30/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Emerald Nerite Chatters, I went to Guido Poppe's site,
>and, looking up genus Smaragdia, I get the following species:
>
>Smaragdia bryanae Pilsbry, 1917 Hawaiian Islands
>Smaragdia feuilletii Issel, 1869 Red Sea
>Smaragdia paulucciana Gassies, 1870 Japan
>Smaragdia rangiana Récluz, 1842 Indo Pacific
>Smaragdia rangiana puella Gould, Japan
>Smaragdia souverbiana Montrouzier, 1866 Indo Pacific
>Smaragdia tragena Iredale, 1936 Australia
>Smaragdia viridimaris Maury, Caribbean
>Smaragdia viridis Linnaeus, 1758 Atlantic
>
>The site also has photos of S. rangiana and S. viridis.
>Also has a photo of a WHITE viridis. Very neat!!
>Oh, yes, anyone have the date for S. viridimaris or S. rangiana puella?
>
>Kindest Regards,
>James

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, Fl. 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm