From:
"William M. Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:00:36 -0400
As a novice, and an Ranellidae (and Personidae) enthusiast, it is my
opinion that those who formally publish (whether right or wrong) have
considerable influence in regards as to what is accepted in regards to
species and subspecies  (Henning & Hemmen - 1993, Piech, 1995,
Beu, 1998).

While there was little difference between H & H and Piech, Alan Beu
added a new chapter to the taxonomy - a chapter that you must
read for yourself to decide where you stand!

Bill Frank
1865 Debutante Dr.
Jacksonville, Florida 32246
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm