From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:53:37 -1100
...I've found a few wentletraps on the beach hear by the Pago
Pago airport recently, all apparently the same species.  They
are small, from about 15 to 22 mm, white, and look generally
like the pictures of Epitonium lamellosum or greenlandicum
(which of course they are not) in the Compendium, my only
reference on that includes ep's.  But, last week my dive buddy
found one at 140 feet that looks most nearly like Sthenorytis
pernobilis, except it is more slender.  It has large, flat ribs that
curve up to points, almost crescent-like.   It's about 20 mm
long and pure white.  Any idea what species these guys are?

Thanks,

Don