From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:23:20 -0400
Dear Paul and other Kaicher fans,

Gary Rosenberg and Dick Petit have been hard at work collating the Kaicher
enterprise.  The following is a posting to Coch-L about six months ago.

Harry

>Date:         Sat, 10 Apr 1999 16:26:38 -0400
>Sender: Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Gary Rosenberg <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Sally Kaicher
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>As Harry Lee mentioned, Dick Petit and I are working on a collation of the
>Kaicher cards. There are actually 6421 Kaicher cards, of which 6300
>illustrate species and 121 are introductory cards for the 60 packs that were
>produced.
>
>Although there were 6300 species cards, Sally's numbers reached only 6215.
>The main reason for this is that pack 38 accidentally reused 100 numbers
>from pack 37 (both packs are on Columbellidae). There are a few numbers that
>were accidentally skipped, and some that were skipped because Sally did not
>distribute the card because of an error discovered after printing.
>
>All packs had 2 introductory cards, except 31 which had 3. Packs 1-7 had 97
>species cards each, except pack 5 on Strombidae with 108, and pack 4, with
>96.  Packs 8-60 all had 106 cards each, except 22, 26, 31, 49, and 56, with
>105 each and 29, with 104.
>
>The unnumbered card for Varicospira crispata that Harry mentioned is #422 as
>Sally stated in a correction in the mimeographed sheet that accompanied
pack 6.

>Dick Petit owns the remaining stock of the Kaicher cards; he can be
>contacted at <[log in to unmask]>.
>
>Gary
>Gary Rosenberg, Ph.D.                     [log in to unmask]
>Malacology & Invertebrate Paleontology    gopher://erato.acnatsci.org
>Academy of Natural Sciences               http://www.acnatsci.org
>1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway            Phone 215-299-1033
>Philadelphia, PA 19103-1195 USA           Fax   215-299-1170

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, Fl. 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm