From:
Richard Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 18:50:21 EDT
Hey Ferret...

At one point in the ancient history of our two clubs there was actually quite
a bit of rivalry.  Fortunately, those who caused the "problems" are long
gone, and now with several members of the Miami club who attend our Broward
meetings the feeling of mutual cooperation has become the byword, especially
when dealing with field trips and the like.  Heck...we even coordinate the
shell shows so that ours (Broward) is the weekend following the Miami show,
which encourages those who exhibit at Miami to not disassemble them and bring
them up to us!  This is so much better this way.  But let's keep our
individuality, and besides, it is difficult for many members of one or the
other club to get back and forth between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, so it si
good that there are the "local" meetings to attend.

Happy Shelling

Richard Sedlak

PS...and if they "throw cabbage" then "make cole slaw out of it!"