From:
Robert Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:48:11 EDT
Greetings,
There seems to be some confusion. Recently Mr. Sedlak and Weil thought that
I was our lovable "ferret" since I too reside in Florida (though there isn't
a 200ft barge in my back yard). This was dismissed by the "original" ferret.
No problem as this was a compliment (I think). Just kidding Mark!
I've commented on seashell clubs and Hurricane Irene and sent many private
e-mails to "nice" conch-l'ers. Never had I spoke badly of any collector nor
would I. as Mark pointed out "no back-stabbing allowed". There will always
be friction between members and clubs (as Mr. Sedlak pointed out recently),
but we all get along.
At a shell meeting once I told a member that I found a large quantity of
Cypraea cervus, but only took a few since this shell seems always flawed.
This created some friction and i've never spoke of it since. Maybe I
shouldn't have said anything, thus my signature was born.
Since my introduction GMSC members along with Broward have invited me to
their meetings and up-coming shows. I'll be looking forward to matching the
faces with your e-mails. I've even provided new conch- L'ers moving into the
area information on clubs. Hope my responce is taken well.
                              Bob...

>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Robert Kelly
>Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:26:29 EDT
>
>Greetings,
>I am Al Brunner, President of the Greater Miami Shell Club, and I have been
>member for 5 years and President for the last 4 years.  I was rather
>surprised and distressed to read that "Robert Kelly" thinks that several
>members of the GMSC are not quite up to his moral standards.  I find this
>whole exercise incredulous - as I have never missed a single meeting and I
>have never seen or heard of Robert Kelly.  It is my contention that Robert
>Kelly is a fictitious character ("invisible friend") of a disgruntled
>member,
>who is maligning the GMSC and myself personally.  There may well be a real
>Robert Kelly somewhere, but he has never shown up at one of our meetings
>while I have been a member.  I have also checked with other members and not
>single person in the club who I have spoken to has ever seen, heard of or
>met
>"Robert Kelly".  Sorry for using this forum, but I am obligated to defend
>the
>GMSC and myself from slanderous statements even if they are from fictional
>characters.  I would suggest that the inventor of Robert Kelly get a real
>life.
>Allan F. Brunner,
>Miami, FL

"Only the foolish collector will brag".