From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 00:19:03 -0000
Aw, something i have 1st hand experience with.
On our last trip to CA,(land of the sourdough, earthquakes, and Monterey
jack cheese, not in that order though) we collected several beached
cryptochiton  stelleri on moonstone beach/gemstone beach just south of san
simion (Hearst castle fame ) . when we got back to L.A. we began cleaning
the oversized chitons . After say 15 minutes I developed the worse migraine
I'd ever had . it turned out that the animal emits an enzyme the prevents
other's from making dinner out of it and also retards critters from
attaching to it's "back".
Whether or not we could call this stuff "poison" or not is debatable, but at
the time i had those migraines i wish i were dead.
Ferreter (Weaseling away another Saturday)