From:
Carol Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:35:20 -0500
I believe I posted this a while back, but some woman gave our club a
collection of shells she had gotten in Panama about 30 years ago.  I was
thrilled until I opened up the bags, and every one had been dipped in
shellac.  They all had this awful tan color.

I soaked them in clorox and most of the shallac came off, except on the big
cones and conchs.  I picked a good bit of it off which a dental pick, but
sure don't recommend anyone putting shellac on shells.  In my opinion, it
ruins them.

Carol