From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:36:23 -0500
Paul and everyone else,
 I tried using "white out", "liquid paper", and a white paint in years
gone by.  Most of them started yellowing and some started cracking.  I do
not necessarily consider these substances archival.  Light Impressions,
Inc. does have a white base with a clear polymer coat that is archival.
It only cost a few dollar and seems to work better.  I might suggest this
as a good alternative.
  I used Rotring technical pens but got tired of constantly cleaning the
nibs.  I now use Pigma marking pens, which are archival.  Light
Impressions also sells an archival pen but I do not remember the brand.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine