From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 17:56:18 -0500
Hi Paul,

I can answer two of your three questions about Solen fonesii:

It is listed in The Southern Synthesis Part A as one of the species of
Solen in northern Australian (tropical) waters, along with S.
aureomaculatus, S. kajiyamai, S. sloani and S. grandis.

Other species, these coming from temperate waters there, are S.
correctus and S. vaginoides.

The article mentions that there are about 10 species, but I do not know
what the other 3 species are.

No author or date listed...sorry.  Kev Lamprell is sure to know the
answer though...besides being an authority on the bivalves of Australia
(2 books) he wrote "Finger Oysters of Queensland" for Australian Shell
News (now Australasian Shell News) 54(9) in 1986.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY