From:
John Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:15:07 -0500
There are several software programs which do a wonderful job at databasing.
I use Lotus Approach for all my databases.  Approach is extremely easy to
use and is flexible.  I can add or delete fields at any time, print reports,
sort by any field, get a list of only one species in the database if I wish,
and more.  I have eight different databases created from Approach.

I'm going to experiment with MS Access for comparison.

The few programs I've seen for collectors of shells or marine life seem
rather expensive.  One I looked at recently was $250.  You can buy Approach
or Access for around $100.

John & Cheryl Jacobs
Seffner, FL