From:
Jiongtao HUANG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:27:54 JST
Hi, everyone.

Recently, some "Great Golden Cowries" come to the shell market in Japan.
But in Dr.Lorenz's cowrie book, some black cowries such as Cypraea onyx etc.
can become "golden color form" by baking. But Dr.Lorenz did not explain how
can we separate a "golden shell" or "color variation" is a baking one or
natural one.
Could anyone of you tell me how can we separate a baking shell from natural
one? or testing method?
Thank you very much advance.

Jiongtao
http://www.soft.ics.keio.ac.jp/~huang/