DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 13:02:34 -0400
Hiroshi :

I do not think that anyone has really tested the soil temperature submodel
in the DSSAT models.

Most of the recent changes in the crop models are documented in
"Understanding Options for Agricultural Productions," published by Kluwer
Academic Publishers and edited by Tsuji et al.

Regards,

Gerrit

At 11:52 AM 9/5/98 +0900, Hiroshi HASEGAWA wrote:
>Dear DSSATers,
>
>1) The soil temperature submodel which originates from Williams et al (1984)
>is commonly used in the CERES models. Is there any test of the soil
>tempearture submodel by a third person?
>
>2) Minor but signicant number of modifications were made since the original
>CERES -maize and -wheat models had published in 1986 . You can tell what
>modified in N transformations, nitrate leaching and phasic development
>between 1986 and 1991 by "Modeling Plant and Soil Systems" published in 1991
>by the ASA, were described. But, except this publication, I don't know any
>source of modifications. Does anyone know other publications which account
>for modifications in the CERES models?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Hiroshi Hasegawa
>Agronomist
>Tohoku National Agricultural Experiment Station
>Division of Upland Farming
>  960-2156
>  Fukushima-shi, Arai, Aza harajuku-minami 50
>  JAPAN
>  Phone; 81-24-593-5151
>  FAX  ; 81-24-593-2155
>  Email; [log in to unmask]

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Associate Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone:  770-229-3438
Fax:    770-228-7218